Monday, November 8, 2010

Finally Home



so when your home, you cant wait to leave town, and when your on the road, you usually cant wait to get home. Not the case when your touring with Grace Potter and her crew. Its like summer camp with these guys. I didn't want to go home at all. They are some of the most positive people I know. This is Benny Yurco, Guitarist extraordinaire. Whenever I would ask him, "hey Benny, How's it going? How you felling today", he would always answer with a big smile on his face and say, "Living the dream, man. We're doing it" Its impossible to be down around these guys.

After New York, we met GP and the Nocturnals in Pontiac Michigan. I preceded to go about five days without sleep. It was great. Grace cooks every night. She made Her psychedelic breakfast for me and Frank, we saw the giants woop the cowboys on Monday night football. And played the National Zoo in Washington D.C. Their drummer Matt Burr is one of the funniest poeple I know. The dude had me in stitches the whole time. All star players and all star people. thanks Grace, Matt, Benny, Scott, Catherine, Josh, Ben, Sam, and Justin.

So here's a super top secret exclusive clip. I'm probably not supposed to leak this, but I don't think that many people read this. Don't tell anyone you saw this hear. Its a clip of Grace Potter at the National Zoo in their animal costumes. check out your boy at 1:22 in this clip.

from frank weysos on Vimeo.

Benny and Scott have some amazing gear. Scott's a total tele wizard and plays great slide on a 70's sg. Benny's got a les paul with PAFs that is out of this world, and his sg custom looks cool as shit. These dudes look hard when they play, its great. This entire band and crew has a bud for life down here in San Antonio, Texas. Believe that.

3 comments:

  1. Video was really good. Love that they all played in animal costumes. Glad you have some time off. Maybe you will be at the Dr. Dog show this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope so. I'm gonna try and do either Austin or Houston. I gotta see the the dog.

    ReplyDelete